My Photo
Name:
Location: Brooklyn, New York, United States

I'm a simple woman with a complex mind and here is where I express my weird and sometimes unusual but always thought provoking random ramblings. Hope you enjoy em, and if you dont -shrugs- sucks to be you ^_^

Jun 3, 2010

The College Blues

Idk about anybody else but I grew up thinking that college was going to be some fantastic life changing experience that I must do in order to succeed in life. Boy was my black ass WRONG. Since I graduated from high school, college has been nothing but stressful, and expensive. I'm up to my knees in debt because of student loans and now pay out of pocket for my tuition and books. Its funny that no one told me that I'd have to deal with this kind of shit when I got to college. They just insisted that I go and further my education so that I may get some fantastic, high earning job that I can only get with the golden ticket aka a college degree. Which, it turns out is a bunch of bologna. I know plenty of college graduates that cant find a job that doesn't involve them saying "Hi welcome to [insert fast food joint here]. Can I take your order?" or asking some fat chick if she's sure she can fit in a size 2. And I also know of plenty of non college graduates (like BILL GATES) who have very good jobs with very good pay. Honestly its not like going to college means you're smart. Hell, Ive learned that going to law school, medical school and grad school doesn't necessarily mean you're smart either. Just means you were able to regurgitate what was said to you and sat in class for a few years... So what the fuck? Why was I lied to and told that I wont get anywhere in life without a college degree? Cause I mean, if I had known the truth I could have saved myself a lot of money, a lot of wasted time and stress filled nights, worried that I wont pass my fucking classes! And that's another thing, why are we forced to take classes that have nothing to do with our major? I'm trying to be an attorney, why do I have to dissect a fetal pig in Biology? Shouldn't I be starting school working on my major right off the bat? Not wasting 4 fucking years of my life relearning shit I should have been taught in high school and THEN going off to law school to learn things that are fundamental to my career. But they say you have to take these courses because college is supposed to help you be a successful, well rounded citizen. I say FUCK THAT SHIT. I make myself a successful well rounded person and college just makes me broke, frustrated and FAT from having to eat meals at odd hours of the day and not having time to EXERCISE. If college is so fundamental to a person's life why is it so god damn expensive? Why am I paying an arm and a leg, looking for scholarships/grants, signing my life away to Sallie Mae and working full time just so I can get my degree?  PLUS paying for textbooks that I wont ever use again that cost an arm and a leg as well. I swear college is just another scam trying to get money out of unsuspecting people...

BAH! I'm done with my lil rant...for now -_-

2 Comments:

Blogger PicassoThoughts said...

Girl I swear me and you do agree with that shit..definitely didnt kno Bill Gates didnt have a college degree..sometimes it just really makes me wonder about goin back to school...cause it almost seems hopeless with havin a degree where most of the money u makin is goin towards payin off school loans so then again its like where what else u have to show for it

June 6, 2010 at 9:45 AM  
Blogger Black Steve said...

I responded to your post at my blog.

http://blacksteve27.blogspot.com/2010/06/thoughts-on-college.html

Don't take offense, please. I read it and realized I kinda sounded like an ass, but that wasn't my intention.

June 7, 2010 at 7:19 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home